For Nuffnang

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A day Alone...

Feeling the vibration of the Xperia Arc lying on the "Breaking Dawn" beside my pillow, I opened my eyes. The damp and freezing atmosphere around the room send a chill down my spine. At a sudden thought, I thought that there was no one else in the room beside me... Everything around me seemed to came to a standstill.

It was not until I heard the creaking sound as I moved a bit on my bed 2 seconds later. Picked up the phone, I heard my mom's voice. It was unusual to see her name on the phone at this time of the day. Ya, I forgot. Normally this time of the day I'm either in class or at home. Today? OK, the first day of Raya break.

"Hello." I answered the phone. I can feel that my mom is worried about me as I felt quite sick two days ago. After finish the phone call... I throw my phone back to where it is(on top of my "Breaking Dawn" ) and went back to bed. The next time I open my eyes it was already 10.05am.

Took a slow breakfast, a warm water bath and I went back to college to pick up a book I left in the locker. It was drizzling, and I open my umbrella. Having know that all of my friends were busy, I'm already prepared to past the day alone.

I went back to the hostel, watch an episode or two of the new drama my room mate gave me and pack my things to go for lunch. After lunch, I stepped into my favorite coffee shop... (Yea, you're right... Starbucks) to settle down and start studying.

This day alone made me think a lot. The cloudy weather made my mood sway. It is never more comfortable having jazz music swaying by your ears, rich coffee smell on the tip of your nose and the warm but yet cool atmosphere that Starbucks has as always.

Sitting alone on the couch, I look through the glass windows... The road in Penang is still as busy as always, with cars driving through continuously... Maybe I'm the one who cannot face the reality of this world. Maybe I should just give everyone a break. It seems everyone get stress out and starting to hate me whenever I talk.

A giggle is all I can give... It is hard to be strong when you are not, it is hard to put a smile on your face when you feel sad, it is hard when you try your best to make someone happy and in the end you make him/her felt worse. Sometimes giving a smile doesn't mean that I don't care and sometimes although I'm smiling, the pain within is never seen by anyone.

As time past, we will see that no one will remember there was this girl that once came into their life. I rather live that way, maybe somewhere in me felt hurt but somewhere in me felt that maybe the way I live will make me take things easier and maybe I could've just live happier?

Maybe sometimes in this busy world, we need to slow down our pace... To take a look at everyone around you.

A day alone... Really made me think a lot. Taking the last sip of my Cappuccino, I type this last sentence... I'm no one but a passerby... as usual...


No comments: