For Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A trip to Cupcakes Wonderland--- WonderMilk

Good evening, peeps~! Once again, it's me on Ivy @ Feelings FM... I'm your DJ (duh~!) and my name is Ivy~~~~
OK, I don't know when this blog became a food review thing since it doesn't fit my blog name... In fact, I should be talking about feelings instead of FOOD~~
But since everyone likes food right? and I love them too... So I decided along the way I'll share my feelings and expedition I'm going through in KL and of course here and there I'm gonna introduce you guys to some FOOD in KL which I've been to. Although they might not be the best but there would be someone out there who would love it, right?

Let's start. On Saturday, I was sitting in the library studying(Exam is soooo near~!!!) with a few others and suddenly this guy, Ka Vui on the right said this, "I'm craving for Rainbow Cupcakes..."

My head shot up when I heard cupcakes... OK, I'm a big fans for sweet stuffs especially cakes~!! So I was like, "What is rainbow cupcake?"

He thought for a while before answering but basically he said, "The cake is in rainbow colour and tasted like Mat Kool rainbow flavor ice-cream."

I'm like... WOAH~! "Colourings?"

"I asked the guy there, they say its not colouring."

"Awesome. I feel like getting a bite on it... Tomorrow is a Sunday, why not we go then?"

So on Sunday, we met up in the library at 10.00... I was late though... XD
Anyway, we met up at the library and Jewen was there so after cracking our heads on how to get to that place, Jewen volunteered to drive. So we departed, 4 of us... We reached the place called WonderMilk and I think it's quite a famous place because it was quite full even at 11am...

So here we are:
WonderMilk... I was overwhelmed with how they set up their shop as the furnitures they used are very unique. Even from the outside, there are tables and chairs which are made of crates... I was stupified when I stepped into the store itself.

The furnitures are very special and it brings out a very warm feeling. This is not acutally a pure cupcake shop but rather I would term it as a cafe. And it is one which I always wanted in my life. I dreamed of owning such a cafe. With the warm lightings and the nice smell of cupcakes and coffee with the mixture of milk. People having their meals happily, smiling and chatting away... Well, we checked on the price board and decided to get the 12 box set and everyone would have 4 since Shin Li didn't want it. So we picked and picked and picked...

When we first saw the cupcake, we were like... So small a?! Well, we're shocked because when Ka Vui describe to us and did the hand gesture it was quite big... And Ee Teng thought it was slices of cakes and I thought it would be something like a muffin... Anyway, we just got the cupcakes and settled down while I looked around the shop and took photos of the environment here.

These are the cupcake we chose...
First row from left: Oreo, Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow
Second Row: Blueberry, Cheesy Cheese, Choc Mint, Oreo
Third Row: Choc Mint, Oreo, (Not sure), rainbow

Well, the cupcakes are OK... It would be fine for sweet lovers but trust me, they are very sweet...
In fact, Ka Vui and Jewen ordered coffee and milk... I heard the milk is really good. I'll give it a try the next time round.
So basically the cupcakes cost RM4.50 each and for a box of 12, it costs RM50.
They sell in one then a set of four, eight, twelve and sixteen I guess...


 OK, so this picture above includes four photos. The first one is some weird animal body thing... The second one is a clock, with WM on it, not sure it meant West Malaysia or World Map... But the pictures on the other side of the board are some drinks in their shop.

The third picture is some cabinets where they put some greens... And the last one is basically the decorations beside the cabinet... See the BAKE word and also the world map...

This photo on the left is some other pictures I took regarding the furnitures. The upper left one is a small corner underneath the cabinet. I wanted to take that place when I saw it... I really love the small wooden table and small chairs. It makes the small corner there looks very cosy... The upper right is another set of table outside the shop. The chair are crates basically.

The lower left one is what I think most unique of all in the whole shop. Can you guys see the picture? Guess what it is make from? The tops of the table and chairs are of course make of planks and woods but the rack itself is made of unused pipes. Creative I would say... And the last pic on the bottom right is a small shelf beside the cashier selling postcards. The design of the postcards are nice and worth RM1 each.
This picture above was 2 pictures I really love... The wall and WM below the clock... Nothing special but I love them for no reason.

 On your left is the menu and numbering they used in the shop. Everything is handwritten and the message on the numbering is interesting. They included their Wifi password there itself and trust me, the password is as cute as the shop.

So basically I did not have breakfast that day and my tummy started growling. After checking the menu, I decided to try out one of the sandwiches---- Mushroom Melt.

I never expected anything much since it's mushrooms and it's normal. I paid and waited and soon the sandwich was served...




And yeap, this bread on my right is the sandwich I ordered. There are mushrooms fillings (DUH~) and of course the secret recipe out of everything... THe all time favorite----- CHEESE~!!!

I took a bite and WOAH~! Never expected to taste THAT awesome and I meant it. It's even better than the cupcakes. If there is a rating, I would give 5/5 for this sandwich over here. Best taste for sandwich ever tasted.

Those who like mushroom, this is a must try. Trust me, you would not regret. Well, but for a sandwich this is a bit expensive... It costs RM10.90 for this. The sandwich will come with some raw veges and also potato salad. So it's quite filling for lunch or breakfast or even for brunch.


So these are the people I went to WonderMilk with... My course mates and ex-course mate
From left: Shin Li (so proud to have a Bruneian friend who is a NERD~ XD); Jewen (The guy who brought me to pasar malam and give me a lift back every night); and the suggestor, Ka Vui...


So this pretty girl who is holding the cup cake is Ee Teng. (Pretty right?) and the crazy girl sitting sideway would be the one and only ME, your DJ tonight and many more nights--- Ivy~
So, before we depart from the shop... We took a photo of everyone with my Samsung Galaxy S3 2.0 megapixels front camera... So from left: Shin Li, Jewen, Ka Vui, Ee Teng and finally, me~!

Have a nice trip there for those who are interested. They have 3 outlets actually... The one went to is +WonderMilk Damansara Uptown. Yes, we went all the way to Damansara from Brickfields for cupcakes.
There are two more outlets situated at Citta Mall and Publika Shopping Gallery...

For more info, feel free to check out their webpage:

+Wondermilk (http://www.ilovewondermilk.com/Wondermilk/I_Love_Wondermilk/I_Love_Wondermilk.html)

Well, that's all for today... And Good Night peeps~!

No comments: