For Nuffnang

Friday, March 15, 2013

Jom, let's go on a Food Hunt~!



Hello everybody. A very good evening to all of you once again. Thank you for tuning into Feelings FM and I'm your Blogspot DJ this evening... I bet you guys know me already, I'm Ivy.

The general rule is that in every blog post I'll prepare a Song of the Day for you guys and tonight there's no exception. The Song of the Day, let me see... Oh, It's "Losing Your Memory" by Ryan Star. Just in case you do not know, it's actually the Soundtrack from Vampire Diaries.




Before we go into the main issue, which I know everyone loves it-------FOOD~~~~ Hold your horses because there is someone whom I want to introduce you guys to. He is the main character today so you can't miss it.

OK, see this guy over here? Hello, look here~~~ Ah, yes... Now I got your attention. He's is the guy I was talking about. The reason why I say he's the main character today is because without him, I won't be able to go for the Food Hunt. Oh, this guy over here... He's my course mate, a new pal named Jewen. Nice guy, quiet and always sitting alone near the wall...

So basically, everything starts like this. This morning is a usual morning... waking up, shower, brush my teeth... Go to class. So at 1 o clock after class is over we went over to the library to study. Of course, having lunch first then to the library.

Time flies and when we noticed it, it was already 6pm... So instead of finding food near my college which apparently no significance of good food, he suggested that we just head over to my area since it's Thursday and there is a night market there.

The initial plan was to stay up till 10pm in the library(it was a deal) but besides mental strain, we're wondering where to find food... So we packed at 7.30 and set off to the night market nearby my area--- Sri Rampai Night Market.

OK, for those who are overseas who doesn't understand my title... Jom is the malay word for "let's go" and in Malaysia, we term night markets as "Pasar Malam". Well, everyone knows the fact that if you want food... Best place to get? You just gonna get them from pasar malam.

So off we go and we had a really hard time finding a parking space. The parking lot was quite dark and quiet at night although it's just beside the pasar malam but anyway, we got a place and he looked at his car and looked at me... Finally he blurted, "I hope my doors will still be here when we come back." And I gave him a "I understand" look and answered, "I was hoping to see the wheels are still here."

He laughed and both of us head for the night market. Not sure about the night markets in overseas but for Malaysia, definitely it would be along a street and outdoor... Those who are bagpacking in Malaysia, you wouldn't want to miss a chance of visiting the pasar malam here. Anyway, back to the point... We walked and all I can see are FOOD~!! I know, I attracted your attention... Chill~~

OK, first I had two sticks of fishball... One curry flavor and one more Tom Yam Flavor. How does it taste? Spicy... Jewen got himself a curry flavor fish ball and a squid... Did not take photo for this one because I finished it in 2 minutes before I remembered that I need to take a photo of it... The price: RM1 for each fishball stick and RM2 for the squid stick. Anyway, the ratings:
Taste              : ★★★☆☆
Appearance   : ★★★☆☆
Creativity       : ★★★☆☆
Overall           : ★★★☆☆

Then, we moved to the next stall where I saw my favorite food--- Sweet potato! This is cute because they make it into balls and fry them... So I call them Sweet Potato Balls~~~ This is not a highlight, it's OK. Taste normal... Suitable for kids though because it's sweet... ^^ The price: RM 4 per packet with approx 10-15 balls.
Taste             : ★★☆☆☆
Appearance   : ★★★☆☆
Creativity      : ★★★☆☆
Overall         : ★★☆☆☆ (2.5/5)

Next~! Let's see... OK, this~!!! Chang Chang~!!
I KNow this looks weird but it taste awesome~!! It's call Osaka Teppanyaki... Give it a try if you see it anywhere. There's cucumber and egg and some vege. The taste of mayonnaise completed the taste of the whole thing.  It's something like a pancake and trust me, it's awesome~ I would get another one the next time I visit this pasar malam. By the way, there's 2 flavors: Chicken and Seafood. RM 5,90 for chicken and RM6,90 for Seafood. 
Taste            : ★★★★☆ 
Appearance  : ★★★☆☆
Creativity      : ★★★★☆
Overall         : ★★★★☆

Next, what more? OK, let's get a drink first... I'm thirsty from doing all the talking... 

This is recommended by Jewen. He brought me to this stall and tell me that this is a must try? So I listened since he's the expert... Well, I did not regret that. It's cooling and really, this is just nice for a hot day. THere are six ingredients in the drink I guess because the name is something like Six Gold Cooling Tea or something? So yeah~ Each of us got a packet and according to him, if we have it there...We would get a quill egg inside the drink... Well, it's over but I'm still trying to figure out what's the ingredients:
1. Barley
2. Longan Meat
3. Bak Hup
4. Lin Zi
5. Bak Go
I'm not sure how far I'm true but I guess these are in... Anyway, it's RM 3.30 per packet. You have the choice of having cold or hot. 
Rating:
Taste            : ★★★★★
Appearance  : ★★★★☆
Creativity      : ★★★☆☆
Overall         : ★★★★☆

Next, we took continue the walk again. Let's see, what's next... Oh, this... I got attracted to this when I was walking along the stalls. It's something cute and special. They call it Cheese Potato.Well, I ordered the Hawaii Flavor and Jewen also got the Black Pepper chicken flavor... Each cost RM5. Mine basically contains of Broccoli, pineapple, ham and corns. For Cheese lovers, you must taste this... The cheese will be spread all over the fried potato and the other ingredients in it... All I can say is that it is heaven for Cheese Lovers. Here it is:

Ratings as below:
Taste           : ★★★★★
Appearance : ★★★★★
Creativity     : ★★★★★
Overall        : ★★★★★
Last food of the day, which is sort of normal and can be seen almost everywhere. This we call it Chicken Nuggets or Popcorn Chicken. This cost RM6. Well, nothing much to explain bout this because it's just normal fried chicken with chili pepper powder on it... Ratings first then the pic. 
Taste           : ★★☆☆☆ 
Appearance : ★★☆☆☆
Creativity     : ★★☆☆☆
Overall        : ★★☆☆☆

\

That ends the Food HUnt today. It was fun after the stress of studying 6 hours in the library. And Jewen who doesn't speak Mandarin tried his level best to communicate with the seller there... Good job, Jewen. And Thank you for the bringing me there. 

PS: Can't really tell where the place is, but it is just one street beside the Jabatan Imigresen where you guys make passport and ICs.

No comments: