For Nuffnang

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

PAINTBALL ON THE GO~!!

A very good evening to all of you who are reading my blog...
I'm your DJ for this evening, Ivy.
So, tonight's theme would be the very first step to my 'Let My Arenaline Rush' Plan.

OK, things start this way... 
2 weeks ago, I sort of went into a total stress and depression mode due to the upcoming exams which is in say... 65 days? *OMG, that is so close~ I'm gonna fail man...
BUt anyway, since it's nothing to do with those who are not sitting for the exam, there is no point stressing you guys out... So, me and my classmate were having this conversation in class one fine afternoon before class starts:

Me: "I feel like going for Bungee Jumping." 
Duncan: "Why do you wanna go BUngee Jumping?"
Me: "Too stress, just to release my stress. Wanna come? RM75 in SUnway Lagoon."
Duncan: "WHat?! You are using RM75 to buy gravity? One jump, 2 seconds, RM75?"
Me: "Ya?"
Duncan: "WHy not I buy you a rope and tie your leg and let you jump off from one of the condo in KL? It's free."
Me: "That's not the point."
Duncan: "Cummon! Do something else."
Me: "I really love all this games... I wanna go for BUngee Jumping, Go Carting, Abselin, Flying Fox, Paintball, Lazer Skirmish..."
Duncan: "You seriously wanna go for paintball?"
Another classmate who is sitting behind of us, Mark responded: "I heard paintball. Are we going for paintball?"
Duncan: "We can organize if you guys want."
And so.... This event starts...

So we basically gathered information about paintball fields and the charges... And Duncan set up an event group on Facebook recruiting members of our coursemates to join. Things goes well excepts with some glitch (Well, expected right?) but it turn out quite well and we'll officially starts our story here!

At first we  plan to meet at BAC (Brickfields Asia College, i.e: the college we're studying) and Duncan will pick me and another 2 people from there. I was late but anyway I reached and he called and said, "Hey, Ivy... THere's a block there. The police don't allow me to cross, can you come to BAC2?" 
So me, Prab and Jie Jiun walked to BAC2 and hop on... Anyway, we weren't really late when we reached the place... Walah, It's TAG Paintball at Taman Desa. THe exact location cannot be found on Google Map, so my advice, type this on your GPS if you were to go: Taman Desa Waterpark. It's the same way but it's a very old 4 stories parking beside the waterpark.

So basically when we reached there we started waiting up till 3.15 when we started briefing. They explained Capture the Flag MOde, Team Death and also Terminator(play till the pellets finish)
But in the end we only played the Team Death and Terminator
During the game, adrenaline rush to the very peak. THis is even so when you saw your opponent running around and you hear shooting all around. THe pain when you got shot is intense but it does not last for long. It might bruises you but at the very moment, you feel alive. After all the stress and hectic life in the city, this is one way that will really relaxes your mind. 
NO thought will go through the mind except to survive the game and to shoot down your opponent. 

At the very end, we still have some bullets left so we went on a 1 vs 1 game. This game pushes the thrill to the max. The first round was Duncan vs Prab... The second round was me vs Jian. 
THe sweat after the game really refreshes the mind, and the moment when I got shot at the neck but Keith really makes my blood burnt further. I want to feel the pain, I want to shoot and finish off the game... That is what I tell myself.

I did not get much bruises, only a couple of them... Here, one on my thigh (by I don't know who) and one on my shoulder (by Hui Fang):

After the game, we went for dinner at Seng Kee Restaurant. We had amazing conversations there. IN a way, this game really brought everyone who are usually antisocial to work together and to talk about things that we never talk in class.

From left: Me, Hui Fang, Aeshprit, Prab, Kavitha, Kristen, JJ, Mark, Nelia, Yau Lem, Jian, Keith.
Missing:Siah Fong
Anyway, if there's a chance... I would love to go for a second round. 
Our players. 
Second Row from left: Mark, Nelia, Prab, Jian, Keith (the extremely aggressive one), Aeshprit.
First Row from left: Siah Fong, Yau Lem, Me, Duncan, Kristen, JJ, Kavitha
Missing: Hui Fang.

Here are some info if you guys wanna feel the thrill and join the game. 

Needies:
1. Bottle of water. (You can still buy drinks after the game, we bought 100 Plus RM2.50 per can)
2. Tissue or handkerchief. (Trust me, you will sweat a lot)
3. Clean shirt (For changing after the game)
4. Clean pants (For changing after the game)
5. Towel and toiletries (If you plan to bath after the game)

The thing about TAG paintball is, the people there are pretty good... Friendly Marshalls there, and the toilets are very big and clean. You would feel comfortable with the equipments provided too as they are clean and you do not feel disgusted. 
They will provide you with the mask and the marker, i.e: the gun. Others will be on your own cost.
There are 14 of us, we paid approximately RM100 for the playfield, the equipments and 2 boxes of pellets. If you want to rent the vest, it cost RM10 extra. But it would be advisable for first time players as it is quite painful.

So that's all for today. Feel free to drop any question about this and I'll try to help.
Rating for today's activity:
Adrenaline Rush   :  ☆☆★★★
Thrill                    :  ☆★★★★
Overall                 :  ☆☆★★★ (3.5 actually, but my soft Keyboard doesn't have the half star symbol)

No comments: