For Nuffnang

Friday, November 25, 2011

Memory Pathways



I remembered the very first day I laid my feet into college, KDU College Penang Campus, my heart was throbbing. It was a hard night before that morning where I still cannot get over the fear I had in National Service. I'm afraid of everything, afraid of not being able to get new friends, afraid of not being able to adapt, afraid that I would not be able to cope...

That day, I put a smile in my face... That mask I would never forget... The thoughts that ran through my mind: I need to be more friendly to get new friends. So I did. I wore the smile until the day I left college. Until then, I learnt that I did change a lot except for one thing: I'm still arrogant.

This year is really a memorable year for me. I went through so much, I learnt who is the ones that are really there for me, I learnt that sometimes I stayed strong too long, I learnt that crying does not mean that you're weak, it just signifies that you are strong all these times. I knew a lot of friends, I knew a bunch of good friends, I knew several close friends, I knew 2 besties.

As I flipped through all the photos throughout the year, the memories we created together... I looked through all my blog post... I know I had a great time in college besides sad moments. I created a lot of memories with my friends and classmates... We fought the war together, we share the victory together, we work together....

I learnt how to love someone... I learnt how to respect someone... I learnt that I'm not perfect... And I found someone who tolerated my arrogant all these time... Sometimes I find it really hurt when someone tell me things straight in the face, but come to think of it I learnt. I changed a lot... But the arrogant me, still remains... I wish to change that too but many I'm the snob in the class... Every class need a snob, right?

As I walked through the memory pathways of my college life... I somehow felt reluctant to let go... Its HIM, its HER, and its THEM... I did not want to let go... I hope there will be a day that all of us will meet again...

Someday...

No comments: